1-23. What type of reference generator establishes the
position of the feed horn during angle tracking?
1. Four phase
2. Three phase
3. Two phase
4. One phase
1-24. Which of the following electronic scanning
methods is also referred to as simultaneous lobing?
1. Angle tracking
1-25. COSRO scanning is used more effectively with
which of the following types of radars?
2. Pulse Doppler
3. Angle tracking
4. Continuous wave
1-26. Crossed-field tubes are also known as which of the
following types of devices?
1-27. The magnetron is basically a diode and has no
1-28. Magnetron oscillators are divided into what total
number of classes?
1-29. The resonant frequency of a magnetron can be
varied by varying the
1-30. During initial operation, a high-power magnetron
arcs from the cathode to the
4. bias network
1-31. In addition to the electrical input and the magnetic
field, the major difference between the CFA and
the magnetron is the requirement for which of the
1. Radio frequency
2. Continuous wave
3. Linear-beam tubes
4. Nonlinear-beam tubes
1-32. What are the two most common types of linear-
beam tubes used in fire-control equipment?
1. Klystron amplifier and traveling wave
2. Two-cavity amplifier and multicavity amplifier
3. Magnetic field tube and klystron amplifier
4. Traveling wave and multicavity amplifier
1-33. Which of the following elements acts as a valve in
a klystron amplifier?
1-34. The klystron amplifier consists of what three
1. Electron gun, collector, and heated cathode
2. Electron bunches, radio frequency, and cold
3. Electron gun, radio frequency, and collector
4. Electron cavity, collector, and cathode