2-66. Which of the following overall goals pertain(s) to
composite training unit exercises?
1. To provide predeployment training
2. To test and evaluate new doctrine and proce-
3. To stimulate development of new concepts in
4. All the above
2-67. Which of the following fleet exercise publica-
tions would assist you in NGFS training?
1. FXP 1
2. FXP 2
3. FXP 3
4. FXP 4
2-68. Each fleet exercise publication contains safety
procedures and exercise evaluation procedures.
2-69. Which of the following publications outlines the
requirements for training exercises and inspec-
tions that ensure high battle readiness?
1. OPNAVINST 3590.11
2. OPNAVINST 3230.11
3. CINCLANTFLTINST 3590.11
4. CINCLANTFLTINST 3230.11
2-70. Combat systems team training may be accom-
plished by using a variety of simulation/stimula-
tion systems. What can these systems simulate
for real-time testing, training, and evaluation?
1. Data only
2. Responses only
3. Commands only
4. Data, responses, and commands
2-71. Generally, which of the following ships must
maintain NGFS qualification?
1. Gunnery ships
2. Combatant ships
3. Ships assigned shore bombardment
4. Ships with 5-inch-caliber and larger guns
2-72. NGFS qualification maybe terminated for which
of the following reasons?
1. When a ship commits a serious safety viola-
2. When a ship fires unsatisfactorily during a
major exercise only
3. When a ship commits a serious safety viola-
tion or when a ship fires unsatisfactorily dur-
ing a major exercise
4. When the NGFS team has changed by at
least 30 percent
2-73. NGFS exercises in progress may be aborted for
which of the following reasons?
1. Commanding officers discretion
2. NGFS team not manned
3. Ammunition malfunction
4. Both 2 and 3 above
2-74. When a missile-firing exercise is being con-
ducted, data extraction should begin at what spe-
1. 10 seconds before director assign
2. Immediately upon director designation
3. 10 seconds before launcher assign
4. Immediately upon director lock on
2-75. Normally, a missile firing report is required to be
filed within what maximum time after a ships
1. l day
2. 2 days
3. 3 days
4. 4 days