1-52. Which NEETS module discusses the
principles of radar?
1-53. The Electrostatic Discharge Control
Handbook for Protection of Electrical and
Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment
(MIL-HDBK 263) provides guidance, but not
requirements, for the establishment and
implementation of an ESD control program.
1-54. Electric shock is the sensation and muscular
spasm caused when which of the following
electrical elements pass(es) through your
1. Voltage only
2. Current only
3. Current and voltage
4. High voltage and low current
1-55. Which of the following is the most important
factor for you to know about electric shock?
1. Why it has such negative effects
2. Where to secure power
3. How much a person can absorb
4. How to avoid it
1-56. The severity of electric shock is most affected
by which of the following factors?
1. The length of time current flows through
2. The amount of body resistance you
provide to the flow of current
3. The path the current flow takes through
4. All of the above
1-57. What is the most dangerous path for current to
take as it flows through your body?
1. Hand to hand
2. Foot to foot
3. Left hand to either foot
4. Right hand to either foot
1-58. Most people who die from electric shock die
from what primary cause?
4. Injury from falling
1-59. What are the three basic ways you can protect
yourself from electric shock?
1. Isolate, insulate, and ground
2. Isolate, insulate, and de-magnetize
3. Isolate, ground, and de-magnetize
4. Isolate, insulate, and separate
1-60. If you are rescuing an electric shock victim,
which of the following actions should you
1. Free the victim from the live conductor
2. Start CPR if the victim is not breathing
3. Send for medical help and stay with the
victim until help has arrived
4. All the above
1-61. The effect of electric shock depends on which
of the following factors?
1. Voltage only
2. Body resistance only
3. Duration of electric shock only
4. Voltage, body resistance, and duration of the
1-62. For which of the following voltage ranges
should you observe strict safety precautions
while you take voltage measurements?
1. Above115 volts only
2. Above 220 volts only
3. Above 300 volts only
4. Both below and above 300 volts
1-63. When you are afloat and are measuring
voltages below 300 volts, you must always
notify and obtain permission from which of
the following personnel?
1. Commanding officer
2. Damage control officer
3. Officer of the deck
4. Safety officer