Textbook Assignment: Fundamentals and Operations of Computers, chapter 1, p[ages 1-1 through 1-17; and
Computer Configurations and Hardware, chapter 2, pages 2-1 through 2-12.
All computers have which of the following
components in common?
1. Modem, memory, and floppy drives
2. Math coprocessor, microchips, and central
3. Central processing unit, memory, and
4. Analog processing unit, input/ output section,
The amount of computing power a computer has is
determined by which of the following factors?
1. Physical size
2. Size of drives
3. Number of drives
4. Technology used
All computers must be capable of which of the
1. Processing and storing data
2. Retaining data on compact disks
3. Interfacing with mainframe computers
4. Interfacing with desktop publishing equipment
Computers can gather data by which of the
1. Manually only
2. Automatically only
3. Both manually and automatically
4. Local-area networks
A computer automatically gathers data by which
of the following means?
From another system, subsystem, or
From specific software
By a local terminal user
By a remote terminal user
1-6. Which of the following tasks is the main purpose
of a computer?
1-7. Computers can externally store data on which of
the following types of media?
1. Magnetic disks only
2. Magnetic tape only
3. Paper tape only
4. Magnetic disks, magnetic tape, and paper tape
1-8. Computers can disseminate data to which of the
following types of equipment?
1. A display subsystem only
2. A magnetic tape or disk unit only
3. A printer only
4. A display subsystem, magnetic tape or disk
unit, and a printer
1-9. Computer systems display which of the following
general types of data/information?
Hardware performance information only
Data related to the systems mission only
Status information related to the systems
Data related to the systems mission and status
information related to the systems operation,
and hardware performance information
1-10. In addition to display units, a computer relies on
what other equipment to display processed data?
1. Floppy disks