11-11. A cylinder address number is composed of
which of the following numbers?
1. Cylinder number only
2. Track number only
3. Sector number only
4. Cylinder number, sector number, and head
11-12. In a personal computer, which of the following
data management areas is NOT created by the
DOS1 format program?
1. Root directory
3. Disk boot sector
4. File allocation table
11-13. A new fixed disk installed in a personal
computer needs to have what operation(s), if
any, run before it is ready to store data?
1. Format only
2. High-level format only
3. Format and high-level format
4. None; new disks are ready to run
11-14. In a personal computer using DOS version 5, the
root directory of a 40-megabyte fixed disk can
have what maximum number of entries?
11-15. The DOS directory system is a file system that
enables DOS to manage files.
11-17. In DOS, the maximum number of characters in a
file extension is
11-18. When DOS is used on a personal computer,
a directory entry is composed of how many
11-19. Which of the following parameters is NOT part
of the DOS file allocation table (FAT) entry?
1. A bad cluster code written during formatting
2. A DOS cluster available for storage
3. The file name stored in that DOS cluster
4. An end of the file code
11-20. On a 5.25-inch floppy disk, which of the
following materials is used as the magnetic
1. Chromium dioxide
2. Iron oxide only
3. Cobalt only
4. Iron oxide or cobalt, depending on the
density of the disk
11-21. The index hole on a 5.25-inch soft-sectored
floppy disk is used to indicate the
1. start of sector 1 of each track
2. start of track 1
3. start of each sector
4. end of the data storage area of the disk
11-16. In DOS, the maximum number of characters in a
file name is