11-52. The media sensor detects a hole for which of the
1. 5.25-inch, 360K disks
2. 5.25-inch, 1.2M disks
3. 3.5-inch, 720K disks
4. 3.5-inch, 1.44M disks
11-53. It is impossible to recover data on a disk that has
11-54. Large magnetic disk memory sets are generally
used with which of the following computers?
1. Mainframe computers
3. Personal computers only
11-55. What is the diameter of most magnetic disk
1. 10 inches
2. 12 inches
3. 14 inches
4. 16 inches
11-56. The top and bottom platters of most disk packs
are used for which of the following functions?
1. To store data
2. To provide position data
3. Both 1 and 2 above
4. To provide protection to the pack
11-57. The servo surface of a disk pack is used for
which of the following functions?
1. To control the movement of the read/write
2. To maintain alignment of the read/write
heads over the proper track
3. Both 1 and 2 above
4. To provide additional data storage area
11-58. When the summing of dipole bits on the disk
servo surface is equal to zero volts, which of the
following conditions exists?
1. The heads are on an odd numbered track
2. The heads are on an even numbered track
3. The heads are between tracks
4. The heads are centered on a track
11-59. On a typical disk memory sets operator panel,
which of the following conditions is NOT
indicated by the READY indicator?
1. The disk drive address
2. The disk is up to operating speed
3. The heads are properly loaded
4. No-fault conditions are present
11-60. On a disk memory sets status/maintenance panel,
a fault code of 5 indicates what fault condition?
1. Voltage fault
2. Seek error
3. Multiple heads selected fault
4. No heads selected fault
11-61. The FORMAT WRITE PROTECT switch on a
disk memory units status panel protects the disk
from being inadvertently formatted by which of
the following format commands?
1. Commands from the computer only
2. Commands from the status/maintenance
3. Commands from the computer and the
11-62. The functions performed by the disk memory
sets controller microprocessor are governed by
which of the following methods?
1. The firmware stored in a ROM
2. The software in the CDS computer
3. The firmware stored in the RAM
4. The software stored in the RAM