Internal connectors are used inside the computer
for which of the following reasons?
1. To connect the computer to a display system
2. To provide power to the computer only
3. To interconnect major individual units inside
the computer only
4. To interconnect major individual units inside
the computer and provide power to the
What precaution should you use when making
connections for pcbs, modules, or subassemblies?
Secure the power to the computer and ensure
the receptacle and plug match
Ensure that the receptacle or plug has guide
Force the connection
Both 2 and 3 above
2-22. Which of the following documents can be used to
find the signal names used by a computer?
1. The wire listings only
2. The computers prints only
3. The description of a pcb only
4. The computers wire listings, prints, and/or a
description of each pcb
2-23. Internal conductors can only take mass data and
route it for distribution throughout the computer.
2-24. To make effective use of limited space, which of
the following items are used to neatly organize
conductor bundles internally?
2. Spot ties
3. Wiring harnesses
4. Self-cliching straps
2-25. To secure the wires contained in a wire harness,
which of the following items may be used?
1. Lacings only
2. Spot tying only
3. Self-clinching straps only
4. Lacings, spot tying, and self-clinching straps
2-26. If a conductor is partially replaced or completely
replaced, a different grade (AWG) and type of
conductor can be used.
2-27. In addition to securing power to the computer,
what other precaution, if any, should you exercise
when you are disconnecting and reconnecting
power and data connections?
1. Follow the proper tag-out procedures
2. Document your actions in the computer room
pass down log
3. Backup the data to a floppy or hard drive
4. None; no precautions are needed
The power requirements for all computers are
identical regardless of where the computers are
To help mate connector receptacles and plugs
properly, which of the following methods maybe
1. Keying only
2. Physical shape only
3. Keying and physical shape
C. Twisted component or
E. Fiber optic
Figure 2B.Cable architecture.
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 2-30 THROUGH 2-34,
SELECT FROM FIGURE 2B THE TYPE OF CABLE
ARCHITECTURE THAT BEST MATCHES THE
DESCRIPTION IN EACH QUESTION.