Detects the change in state of the core from one to
Each line provides 1/2 of the current necessary to
change the state of the core.
Prevents changing the core from a zero to a one.
In a three-wire core, this line performs the same
function as in the four-wire core.
To simplify addressing, reading, and writing
operations, magnetic cores are arranged in which
of the following ways?
1. In hierarchical patterns
2. In matrices
3. In planes
4. In stacks
Which core in an array will be switched from one
state to another?
1. A core with a full read or write current
passing through it
2. A core with a half read current passing
3. A core with a half write current passing
4. A core with a half read or write passing
In a core array the inhibit line is threaded
with the x or y drives lines
and the sense line is threaded through
(each, every other)
1. (a) Series
2. (a) Parallel
3. (a) Series
(b) every other
4. (a) Parallel
(b) every other
What is the basic building block of the memory
The address register bits are used to translate the
bits to make which of the following bit selections?
1. Stack only
2. Inhibit upper and lower stack only
3. X and Y primary, secondary, and diode only
4. X and Y primary, secondary, and diode;
stack; and inhibit upper and lower stack
Which selectors are activated only when writing
2. X and Y primary
3. X and Y secondary
4. X and Y read/write diode
In a core read/write cycle, the read current is
designed to change the state of the core(s) to (a)
what value; and the write current is designed to
change the state of the core(s) from (b) what value
to (c) what value?
1. (a) Zero (b) zero
2. (a) Zero (b) one
3. (a) One (b) zero
4. (a) One (b) one
The process of reading cores to the zero state is
known as which of the following types of
In a core memory, a restore cycle is necessary
after data has been read from memory for what
reason, if any?
1. To change the state of each selected core from
zero to one
2. To change the state of all the cores from one
3. To sense the state of each core
4. None, a restore cycle is not needed