8-21. The RS-232 interface can be used for which of
the following types of transfers?
1. Asynchronous parallel only
2. Synchronous parallel only
3. Asynchronous and synchronous parallel
4. Asynchronous and synchronous serial
The RS-232 interface can be used
with which of the following types of computers?
1. Micros only
2. Mainframes only
3. Minis and mainframes only
4. Micros, minis, and mainframes
The RS-232 interface limits cable transfers to
what maximum number of feet?
2 . 1 0 0
3 . 3 0 0
In the RS-232 interface, most peripherals control
configuration parameters using which of the
1. A controller card
2. Dip switches
The higher transmission rate of the RS-422
interface is made possible by which of the
1. Two separate wires are used
2. The receiver transition period is narrower
3. The grounding requirements are less critical
4. All of the above
8-26. In a token ring network, a station with a message
waits until it receives a free token, it then changes
the free token to a busy token, and transmits a
block of data following the busy token. What
term is used for the block of data?
8-27. The Ethernet interface is used to transfer which of
the following types of data in what format?
1. Serial I/O data in packet format
2. Serial data in string format
3. Parallel I/O data in packet format
4. Parallel I/O data in string format
8-28. The type of cable used for the Ethernet interface
is which of the following?
1. Twisted pairs
2. Unshielded coaxial
3. Shielded coaxial
8-29. Thin Ethernet interface used in smaller systems
can have a maximum cable length of which of the
1. 500 feet
2. 600 feet
3. 1000 feet
4. 1500 feet
8-30. The Centronics Compatible Parallel interface uses
which of the following types of protocol?
2. Interrupt driven
8-31. Most floppy disk drives today are controlled by
which of the following interfaces?
1. Enhanced small device interface
2. ST-506/412 interface
3. Integrated drive electronics interface
4. RS-422 interface