8-54. When the computer samples an interrupt code,
which of the following signals will occur?
1. An external interrupt acknowledge
2. An external interrupt enable
3. An input data acknowledge
4. All of the above
8-55. In a two-cable sequence of events for input data,
which of the following events occurs first?
1. The external equipment sets the IDR line
2. The external equipment places a word of data
on the ID lines
3. The computer sets the input data request line
4. The computer clears the IDA line
8-56. In the two-cable sequence of events for input
data, the computer has sampled the data on the ID
lines. Which of the following events must occur
before the computer will accept more data?
1. The IDR must be cleared
2. A new data word must be placed on the I/O
l i n e s
3. The IDR must be reset
4. All of the above
8-57. During a normal external function sequence of
events, the computer places an EF code word on
the OD lines. The next event to take place is
which of the following?
1. The EFR line is set
2. The ODA line is set
3. The EFR line is cleared
4. The EFA line is set
8-58. During forced external functions, the computer
does not require which of the following signals?
1. An EFR
2. An EFA
3. An ODR
4. An ODA
8-59. During the external interrupt sequence of events,
what is the first event that must occur before a
computer will accept an external interrupt?
1. The EI code word must be placed on the ID
2. The EIE line must be set
3. The EIR line must be set
4. The IDA line must be set
8-60. During the external interrupt sequence of events,
the computer samples the EI code word on the ID
lines and clears the EIE line for data to continue
to transfer. Which of the following events must
1. The computer must set the IDA line only
2. The external equipment must detect the
setting of IDA line only
3. The computer must clear the IDA line only
4. The computer sets the IDA line, the external
equipment must detect the setting of the IDA
line, and the computer must clear the IDA
8-61. All computers used by the Navy have EIE lines.
8-62. In intercomputer I/O operations when parallel
channels are used, the input and output cables will
have which of the following characteristics?
1. The input and output cables can be uneven in
2. An ODA signal becomes a resume signal
3. An ODR signal becomes a ready signal
4. The input and output cables will be identical
8-63. During intercomputer I/O operations, command
words include which of the following data?
1. External functions only
2. Forced external functions only
3. External function buffer words only
4. External functions, forced external functions,
and external function buffer words