9-34. Which of the following are types of operand
1. Direct and indirect only
2. Extended, immediate, and implicit only
3. Indexed and relative only
4. Direct, indirect, extended, immediate,
implicit, indexed, and relative
9-35. In which addressing mode is the operand itself
contained in the instruction?
9-36. An instruction in which no operand address needs
to be specified because the operation code
contains all the information needed uses what
9-37. Which addressing mode requires the operand
address to be generated when the instruction is
being prepared for execution?
1. Indexed operand
9-38. In relative addressing, what two items must be
added together to obtain the correct instruction or
1. Base address and offset
2. Base address and memory register
3. Offset and index register
4. Memory word and memory register
9-39. Instruction sizes vary among types and
generations of computers. They include which of
the following sizes?
1. Character and full-word only
2. Full-word and half-word only
3. Full-word and double-length word only
4. Character, half-word, full-word, double-
length word, and multiple word
9-40. Microcomputers commonly use instructions of
what word lengths?
9-41. Man-machine interfaces have at least data entry
and data display capabilities.
9-42. The data entry function of a man-machine
interface is used to enter commands or set
parameters for which of the following activities?
1. Test activities only
2. Computer operations only
3. Status and computer operations only
4. Computer operations, status, and test activities
9-43. When a computer is continually executing
instructions one after another as directed by its
logic circuits and software, it is in what operating
9-44. When you want to put the computer in the stop
mode, which of the following methods can you
1. Manual action using STOP pushbutton
2. Program control using a STOP instruction
3. Both 1 and 2 above
4. Timing clock circuits