1-62. The Mk 99 MFCS provides terminal guidance
control for which of the following missiles?
1. TOMAHAWK cruise missile
2. SM-2 anti-air missile
3. SM-1 extended range missile
4. Stinger missile
1-63. What type of radar is the AN/SPG-62?
1. Long-range search radar
2. Short-range tracking radar
3. Missile guidance radar
4. Gun illumination radar
1-64. Which of the following weapons is controlled
by the Mk 86 GFCS?
1. Mk 45 5-inch gun
2. Mk 75 3-inch gun
3. Mk 13 missile launcher
4. Mk 45 8-inch gun
1-65. Which of the following radar systems enable
the Mk 86 GFCS to support AW gun
1. CAS and Mk 23 TAS
2. STIR and CAS
3. AN/SPG-9B and AN/SPQ-9A
4. AN/SPQ-9 and Mk 23 TAS
1-66. The AN/SPQ-9B radar can track air and
surface targets simultaneously. What
characteristics allow it to do this?
1. Real-time signal and data processing
2. Low resolution and narrow beam radar
3. Raw video and azimuth video reference
4. Variable-time signal and beam processing
1-67. What modes of operation does the
1. Air, surface, and beacon
2. Air, surface, and beam
3. Detection and acquisition
4. High scan and low scan
1-68. What mode of the AN/SPQ-9B radar uses the
1-69. The AN/SPQ-9B radar is found on board
which of the following ship types?
1. SPRUANCE class destroyers
2. TICONDEROGA class cruisers
3. SAN ANTONIO class amphibious ships
4. All of the above
1-70. The Mk 23 TAS integrates various
subsystems. Which of the following
subsystems is NOT part of that integration?
1. Two-dimensional air-search radar
2. Long-range threat evaluation console
3. IFF subsystem
4. Display subsystem
1-71. What is the primary weapon controlled by the
Mk 91 missile fire control system?
1. SEASPARROW missile
2. Mk 45 gun
3. HARPOON missile
4. Close-in weapon system
1-72. The Mk 91 missile fire control system uses
which of the following consoles?
1. Firing officer console only
2. Signal data processor console only
3. Radar set console only
4. Advanced display system console
1-73. Which of the following radar systems is NOT
part of the Mk 91 fire control system?
1. Mk 95 illuminator
2. Mk 23 target acquisition system
3. Mk 157 discriminator
4. AN/SPQ-9 series radar
1-74. Which of the following ship classes uses the
Combined Antenna System?
1. TICONDEROGA class cruisers
2. LHA class amphibious ships
3. PERRY class frigates
4. SEAWOLF class submarines
1-75. In reference to figure 2-14, where is the STIR
antenna located on a PERRY class frigate?
1. On the forward bullnose
2. On the aftship O-2 level
3. On the forecastle main deck
4. On the midship O-2 level