Ink jet printers form images on the paper by
which of the following methods?
Spraying ink on the paper through a stencil
to form the character
Spraying ink on the paper with the print head
moving to form each character
Spraying ink on the paper in a series of dots
to form the characters similar to those of a
dot matrix printer
Electrostatically charging the paper to attract
the ink to the proper position to form the
The ink in an ink jet printer is sprayed onto the
paper by which of the following methods?
By using a pneumatic pump
By using piezoelectric crystals to squeeze a
By using small heaters to expand an air
bubble and force the ink out of the nozzle
Either 2 or 3 above, depending on the printer
An analog signal has which of the following
1. It varies continuously with time
2. Each bit position represents a portion of the
3. The codes of ONEs and ZEROs indicate a
value at a particular instant of time
4. The summation of the set bits is normally the
quantity to be represented
Analog signals representing analog quantities
and binary numbers representing digital
quantities have which of the following
characteristics in common?
1. They both vary continuously with time
2. They both can express an infinitely large
3. They both express values as a summation of
4. They both express values within a given set
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 13-58 THROUGH
13-60, REFER TO FIGURE 13-1 ON PAGE 13-2 OF
To indicate a range of values of 10 miles, what
should the amplitude of the analog signal be, in
volts peak to peak?
1 . 7
What should the digital quantity bit pattern
contain to indicate a range of 12 miles?
To indicate a range of 25 miles, (a) the analog
signal will be how many volts peak to peak while
(b) the digital quantity bit pattern will contain
what bit pattern?
1. (a) 25 (b) 11001
2. (a) 25 (b) 11100
3. (a) 27 (b) 11001
4. (a) 27 (b) 11100
The reference signal for an analog-to-digital
conversion is normally equal to which of the
1. The average value of the analog signal
2. The minimum value of the analog signal
3. The maximum value of the analog signal
4. The maximum value of the transmitted data
In which of the following conversion operations
is the input analog signal tested repeatedly over a
period of time?