14-11. During the octant conversion process, the
45-degree octant is determined by which of the
1. The polarity and amplitude of two of the
2. The polarity and amplitude of the sine and
3. The phase difference between two of the
4. The phase difference between the sine and
Once the octant has been determined during the
octant conversion process, the remaining bit
positions of the BAM word are determined by a
trial and error approximation of a test binary
angle against a ratio angle.
How many synchro-to-digital conversions are
required to generate a single BAM word from a
dual-speed synchro input?
Linear signals normally represent a quantity
based on which of the following characteristics?
1. Signal amplitude
2. Signal frequency
3. Signal phase relationship
4. All of the above
Scalar or resolver outputs are composed of which
of the following signals?
1. A single linear waveform
2. A single waveform representing the sine of
3. A single waveform representing the cosine of
4. Two waveforms representing the sine and
cosine of an angle
The binary input to digital-to-analog converters is
normally in which of the following binary forms?
1. Binary-coded decimal
2. Gray code
3. Binary angular measurement word
4. Natural binary
A single digital-to-analog converter outputs what
maximum number of proportional voltage
What maximum number of DACs can be mounted
on a mounting base?
Which of the following functions is/are performed
by the BASE?
1. Selects the DAC operating mode
2. Provides all electrical interfaces for the DACs
3. Provides simulated digital data for test
4. All of the above
Each channel of a DAC can output which of the
1. Two linear voltages
2. A single-speed synchro
3. A sine/cosine resolver
4. All of the above, depending on the operational
Which of the following functions is NOT
performed by the EF and control address words?
Master clear the DAC
Initiate RDUC operations
Set the individual DACs control address
Define the control address of the DAC to
receive the data words