Textbook Assignment: Computer Components and Circuits, chapter 4, pages 4-24 through 4-31; and
Central Processing Units and Buses, chapter 5, pages 5-1 through 5-10.
4-1. Which of the following are the types of data
elements that can be processed by a computer?
1. Bits and bytes only
2. Bytes and single words only
3. Bits, bytes, and single words only
4. Nibbles, words, double words, bytes, and bits
4-2. What data element is normally the same size as the
4. Double word
4-3. What is the purpose of a computers power
1. To supply dc voltage
2. To convert ac voltage from a source to useable
3. To convert dc voltage(s) from a source to
useable ac voltage(s)
4. To supply ac voltage
4-4. Characteristics of a power supply include all of the
following except which one?
Provide precision voltages
Protect the computer from serious damage
Supply regulated ac voltages
Sense irregular inputs and outputs
4-5. What are the major sections of a computers power
1. Amplifier, rectifier, filter, and regulator
2. Transformer, generator, filter, and regulator
3. Transformer, rectifier, filter, and regulator
4. Transformer, rectifier, filter, and transmitter
The computer can only handle one specified input
voltage and frequency.
Aboard ship, distribution of computer input power
is via which of the following means?
Load centers only
Power panels only
Outlets, load centers, and power panels
Mainframe and minicomputers aboard ship and
ashore are preset to only receive the specific input
line voltage needed.
Aboard ship, what document provides the specific
voltage and frequency values as well as the
location of your computers power?
3. Ships electronics doctrine
4-10. For referencing input power ashore, which of the
following documents should you use?
MIL-STD-1399, Section 300A
Each of the above