2-62. Which of the following magazines normally
stow a ships wartime allowance of
1. Primary and chemical
2. Missile and ready-service
3. Ready-service and locker
4. Primary and ready-service
2-63. Missile magazines are sometimes considered
what type of magazine?
2-64. Which of the following statements is true
about all magazine types?
1. They are insulated
2. They have manually activated sprinkler
3. They have special combustion detection
4. They must be closed and locked when
2-65. Which of the following devices are used for
environmental control of ammunition
1. Ventilation ducts
2. Vent check valves
3. Exhaust vents
4. All of the above
2-66. FH alarms for a magazine indicate which of
the following problems?
1. High temperature
2. Gas detection
3. Smoke detection
4. Leakage or activation
2-67. Which of the following documents serves as a
check sheet for inspecting a magazine?
1. The 3-M manual
2. A maintenance requirement card
3. The work-center supervisors work list
4. The magazine temperature card
2-68. The daily inspection of magazines generally
consists of checking for which of the
1. Improperly secured stowage
2. Unusual fumes or odors
3. Magazine cleanliness
4. All of the above
2-69. Which of the following factors is considered
most important in regard to powder stability?
2-70. How many different temperature readings
should you expect to see on a bimetallic
maximum and minimum thermometer?
2-71. In which of the following locations should an
AMMUNTION FAR SIDE sign be installed?
1. On the closest bulkhead to the magazine
2. At the main entrance to the magazine
3. Beside all escape hatches in the magazine
4. In all areas surrounding the magazine
2-72. A magazine must be secured and locked at all
except which of the following times?
1. During quarters
2. When the ship is underway
3. When someone is working in the magazine
4. During a watch
2-73. Which of the following publications contains
information about magazine security?
1. OPNAVINST 5530.12
2. OPNAVINST 5530.13
3. OPNAVINST 3120.32
4. OPNAVINST 3120.33
2-74. Magazine sprinkler systems are designed to
completely flood their designated space.